Re: electrical and SUV imitation

To: davriker@pacbell.net, Dbcooper292@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: electrical and SUV imitation
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:43:53 EDT
In a message dated 9/3/02 12:19:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
davriker@pacbell.net writes:

> The Pektron box is the brain that runs the seat belt warning system.  It
> senses door ajar, ignition key position, transmission gear selection, and
> whether someone is in the seat, and sounds the warning buzzer, and or seat
> belt warning light if you attempt to drive without your seat belt fastened.
> I've yet to come across a Midget where that box was functioning.  As with
> the other gizmo, throw out the seat switches, replace the driver's side
> door
> switch with a twin to the passengers side, but leave the box plugged into
> the harness.

KEWL!!!  Is that what that is?!?!

It has been removed from my car, along with all the buzzers and switches.  I
figure the car must be about 100 lbs lighter without all the emissions and
safety stuff (seat belts are intact).

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget