Re: Floor replacement

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Floor replacement
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:12:23 EDT
In a message dated 9/3/02 6:34:32 AM, Dbcooper292@aol.com writes:

<< In the Jim Tyler restoration book he says he put padding on his
garge floor and put the car on its side to replace the floors.  He has a dry
sense of humor but I think he's not kidding about this.  Has anyone tried it?

Haven't had to DO it yet, but I wouldn't think he was kidding--it sounds like
a reasonable way to do the job without spraying yourself with sparks.    If
there are two able bodied people around, you probably can easily position a
stripped tub on the padding.  I'd use props to keep it steady--you don't want
to knock it over while you are welding.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"
2000 Miata SE Mahogany "The Miata"
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "The Heep"
1991 Lazy Days (Ford) "The Motorhome"