Re: Floundacious Idea

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Floundacious Idea
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 06:44:59 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Ron Soave wrote:
I think the esteemed Flounder is on to something - he has long been suggesting
the creation of a website called www.toomuchshit.com, where you list stuff you
can't bring yourself to throw out, and open the offer for people to come and
take
it away.

> How about it?

I have operated more on the principal of trading shit I don't plan on using, for
parts I am needing. I have traded a rear diff for a RHD Bugeye dash and Bugeye
tach reduction unit. Hubcaps for an original 65 pushbutton solenoid, hope to
trade a good windscreen for a tonneau. I want to better Flounders idea and have
website we can post the stuff we have for trade, and peruse others lists. Then,
if we see something we need, contact that person, and have them search our list
and negotiate. With ALL of us in the "We Tight" clan, trading (and paying
postage
for your stuff going out) seems like the best way to go here.
I am often asked, are parts hard to find for that thing, and I bet they are
expensive. My response is, parts are easy to find, if you have the money. This
list can change that....................
Brad