Re: New Problem with 1275

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: New Problem with 1275
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 12:43:08 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:

Check points, and the little braided ground wire under the point
mounting plate. Replace the condenser, which can cause those symptoms
exactly.  Is the dizzy cap cracked?  Any corrosion on the rotor
contacts?

> Do all that first.  If the problem came on quickly, I would suspect
> ignition before a head gasket.
>
> Let us know what you find.

I am going up to a parts store and getting cap, rotor, head gasket (to
save another trip, if it is that, if not, a spare doesn't hurt anyone).
I will get my points and condenser (Standard/Blue Streak) in town and
replace those. The puzzling thing is the exhaust being so weak I can
kill it by covering it with my hand............
Brad