Re: [midgetsprite] I'm getting bad vibrations

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] I'm getting bad vibrations
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 16:27:18 EDT
In a message dated 9/9/02 10:03:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time, shaf@zenten.com
writes:
> The only play I'm finding seems to be the outer lower fulcrum pin.

Since there is play in the lower fulcrum pin, it is a safe guess that you
will be replacing the fulcrum pin itself and the A-arm which holds the
threaded bushings the fulcrum pin screws into.  If I were going that far, I
would certainly go for a major rebuild kit (which contains the fulcrum pin
and all the fittings.  By going that far you will be assured that you have
taken care of the problem and that your car will handle as well as you can
expect it to as a stock vehicle.

To install the major rebuild kit, you will have to get the kingpin bushings
reamed out to a specific clearance.  There is a special reamer that does this
job but it is far too expensive to buy just for one use.  Some listers have
indicated machine shops can ream the bushings to the proper clearance.

Just my loose change on the subject.

--David C.