The 76 Comes Home!

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: The 76 Comes Home!
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 01:05:38 -0400
I ended up getting a freebie 76 Midget (but I gave the guy some money anyway)
from just down the street. On Saturday fellow lister, Dale Puffenberger, came
over to help me get it home. He, my daughter and her boyfriend, and I walked
up the street and rolled it into the street. We gently pushed it about a block
and a half to my driveway. Dale immediately started drooling over some pieces
that he thought would look good on his car. (He ought to have some installed
by now!) After checking out the newly obtained treasures which included a
Bentley manual for RB Midgets, Dale drove me up to Oxford in his 72 so I could
pick up my 78.

Dave did a really good job getting it to run right. It now fires on all 4
cylinders all the time! It was running really rich and only hitting on 2 or 3
cylinders most of the time. It still has some issues but now that I have a
spare drivetrain, I am reassessing my position on the car...

Dale and I stopped for some gas and cold beverages on the way home (25 mile
ride) and as we pulled to the street from the gas station, a Rover Disco
cruises by and honks and waves! I guess it is pretty rare to see two Midgets
out and about together anymore.

Both cars did fine on the little journey. I drove mine to work this afternoon
and it was great on the way home at 11:30 PM!!! Perfect weather and clear sky.
Top down and cruisin!

Sure beats installing the new kitchen floor for my wife!
Kent
1960 Bugeye
1978 Midget (running quite well now)
1976 Midget (flatliner - signed donor card just in time)