Re: Datsun 5spd.- Redline MTL Sep 2002 14:54:01 -0700

To: millerls@ado13.com (Larry Miller)
Subject: Re: Datsun 5spd.- Redline MTL Sep 2002 14:54:01 -0700
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:11:15 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net (Spridgets)
Really!?

Boy, this is really disappointing and not
at all my experience today. Car sat at the
shop all day yesterday and most of today
also, as I had to have a starter problem
checked out as well.

Picked it up this afternoon with the MTL
just put in this morning and not a peep
between 1st and 2nd. 'Course it is pretty
warm today, but no warmer than it was
yesterday when I dropped the car off after
a push start by neighbors (starter failed)
and it had it's normal "resistance" between 1st and 2nd when cold (I
just
double clutch it 'till it warms up) using
the Mobile 1.

Well guys, this is really disappointing,
Thought based upon today's experience
the MTL had the problem licked...damn!

We'll see what happens in the days
to follow but I get the distinct impression
that in accordance with Larry Miller's most
recent post on the subject, that with the
slightest bit of wear and/or cooling off of
temperatures, the "problem" is gonna
revisit your's truly real soon.... }:(-<

Cap'n. Bob
    '60 :{)