Re:No LBC, question on brakes

To: breeanna1012000@yahoo.com
Subject: Re:No LBC, question on brakes
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:44:25 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Bree,

Hard to say from your description, but my guess would be the front pads need
replacing and rotors turned or replaced.  That's assuming you have drum brakes
(with shoes) in the rear.

Many disc brake pads on modern cars have a wear indicator.  It is just a piece
of metal on the pad that acts like a fingernail on a chalkboard.  When the pad
wears to a certain point the metal contacts the rotor and makes a screeching
noise.

Now, your car may have four wheel disc brakes, which means you can't really
tell which are worn until you look at them all.  In any case, have all your
brakes checked when you replace whichever are currently causing the noise.

David.