Re: No LBC, question on brakes

To: breeanna1012000@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No LBC, question on brakes
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:16:19 EDT
In a message dated 9/13/02 7:02:30 AM, breeanna1012000@yahoo.com writes:

<< When your brakes start making noise like a
not metal on metal but just that loud noise
it starts making when they need work done on
them,,,It is everytime I apply the brakes that
it makes this noise, but coming home from Houston
yesterday I noticed when I stopped to pay my
tolls on the beltway the noise it made. >>

Newer American cars (and others) are equipped with "squealers" to let you
know that it is time to check out your brakes.  You should get the car in to
the dealer or somebody who can fix brakes, and it is likely that you need
work, although it's okay to run the brakes for a week or so to get
arrangements made to fix them--if you can stand it.  The purpose of the
squealer is to alert you that things aren't right.  They definitely make it
uncomfortable to procrastinate brake work.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"
2000 Miata SE Mahogany "The Miata"
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "The Heep"
1991 Lazy Days (Ford) "The Motorhome"