Oil Cooler

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Cooler
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 07:18:46 -0500
Howdy folks,

What was the verdict on 3/8" oil cooler lines?

I've been having 'puter problems for a while so I missed the rest of the
discussion on the 3/8" oil line question. The reason I ask is that I've got
3 or 4 aluminum Ford truck trans coolers hangin' around that came off new
trucks before they were delivered when the fleet owner decided they were too
small. (We put old style tube and fin coolers on that were probabaly way
less efficient at his orders.) They look amazingly similar to LBC oil
coolers but use 3/8" threaded lines and have different brackets. I used one
on the hot-rod ranger and it lowered the trans temp about 20 degrees over a
tube and fin type. I've got coolers on all my LBC's and don't need them so
if anybody is interested in trying one out for the cost of freight let me
know.

Jim K.