Re: Helium limited ed. on ebay

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Helium limited ed. on ebay
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:47:02 EDT
In a message dated 9/17/02 9:15:36 AM, dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com writes:

<< Whatever you do, do NOT ever turn that Healium over and
look at the undercarriage! It looks like they used an
MGB as a model for it with overdrive and semi-elliptic
springs! I still wish I had a model like this of an RWA. >>

Haven't seen the special edition, but both the blue one and the white one
that came out first bear no resemblance to the bottom of a Sprite tub.  MGB?
okay.  I guess the world of die cast isn't necessarily purist, however both
the cars I have had the funny MG front bumper that Healium sports.  I haven't
ever opened the white one, but I bought a blue one to play with and it has a
couple of interesting  things I hadn't noticed--like a bonnet that opens and
an engine compartment that sorta looks right.  Also, this has got to be the
smoothest riding Sprite I ever encountered.  I too am still looking for the
American Graffiti Yellow Car.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"
2000 Miata SE Mahogany "The Miata"
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "The Heep"
1991 Lazy Days (Ford) "The Motorhome"