Mini Pickup 4 sale unfinished

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, MOWUG <mowug@yahoogroups.com>, minilist <mini-list@autox.team.net> x-mac-creator=4D4F5353
Subject: Mini Pickup 4 sale unfinished
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:48:21 -0700
I fell in love with a very pretty mini pickup and bought it.
Restored by a kid who worked for Morgan, in Malvern Link.
Pearlescent  paint, Cooper trim, sunroof, tonneau, spats, mags.
Walnut dash & wheel, new tires and racing seats. A beauty.

Once I got it home to California, I sterilized the engine compartment
and put the 998 motor in because the 1275 hadn't arrived yet.
I probed the thick undercoat under a sill and dry rust came pouring out.

I have since removed the remains of more than ten sills and three
floor pans. There were clever fiberglas patches in the tops of the
front fenders behind the dash to cover holes. All this is now clean.

The bed area, inside, has no paint now and the rear fenders are holey.
I have obtained all the replacement panels to rebuild it right, including
a new bed floor tho it could probably be saved, I haven't the heart.

The fab paintjob can be saved with just a horizontal stripe where the
sills come up. The flares would cover the welding of new rear fenders.
The rodchange 1275 power unit just sits. The Minilite/Minataurs, too.
I even have a 3.2 final drive and super 2-core rad for it + minifins.

Should I let it sit in my basement another nine years or should I let it go?
I'd swap for a decent regular mini and I'd love a mini van. Anybody wants
a picture or more info, please call or email me.

David McCartney
530 622-4466
yup1275@pacbell.net

71 MG Midget, "my antidepressant"