Re: Carb problem

To: "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>, Doug & Sheryl Altman <altman_d_s@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Carb problem
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:58:55 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I'd bet $ to doughnuts that it's a leaky float bowl needle, maladjusted
float arm or needle, or a float that's taken on some fuel and doesn't
float anymore.  Inother words, look to the float bowls.

The other possibility is that the jets have worn oversize, but that's
pretty unlikely, as that would mean a maladjusted needle going
undiagnosed for a long time.

> Wrong needles? Leaking needle valve & seats?
>
> Pa
>
> Doug & Sheryl Altman wrote:
>
> > Fellow Spridgets - My mechanic (more apropos would be maniac!) and
I are
> > trying to solve a problem with which perhaps someone can help.  I
installed
> > the original type 1 1/8" Skinner-Union carbs on my 948 cc '59
Bugeye.  He is