Re: Timing Chain Tension?

To: N <twobees@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Timing Chain Tension?
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:45:55 -0700
Cc: Spridgets Digest <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Norm,

Single row chains are notorious for their wear and slop.  Some 948's have a pair
of rubber tensioner in the cam gear.  Good for about a month or so!  Likely the
teeth on both sprockets are badly worn and so will the chain be worn.

A simple solution is to get from APT their double row chain/sprocket set, part #
ATGK-LW, for about $100.  It's also adjustable for cam timing.  I use them and
love them.

Regards, Paul A