Re: HEATER VALVE

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HEATER VALVE
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:42:12 -0700 (PDT)
--- Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com> wrote:
> Alex Volk wrote:
>
> > I have a heater valve from a 1275 which is siezed
> solid. Any ideas > how to "unsieze" it?
>
> Take it off, take it apart, wire brush (or glass bead)
> clean.
> Replace the little "O" ring around the stem and it's good
> for another 40
> years.
worked for me on the ebay valve I bought...only problem is
it still is loose in the bottom mount..doesn't leak so far,
but rotates a bit..strange.

> > I got a playstation 2 the other day, Kind of funny how
> the MIATAS in the grand
> > tourismo game ALWAYS have the Tops UP. Coincidence???
>
> Have you ever seen a REAL Miata with the top down?
Really? I'm in the San Francisco/San Jose area, and the
Miata is the only convertible I see daily with the tip
down, sometimes a z-3 or slk, but NONE of the other 'verts
EVER ahve the top down.

When I finally finish the install of the engine I mounted
this week-end, but didn't hook up all the stuff, I'll be
driving it daily rain or shine like I did in my Jensen
Healey, or the motorcycles. That's half the fun!  ;-)

Paul
http://sbc.yahoo.com