Re: gag gauge.

To: Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>
Subject: Re: gag gauge.
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:05:58 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill L wrote:

> Hello ,
>

>         ok.. i tried this.. i lifted the wire that is supposed to go
>         from the gauge to the sending unit from the gauge.  when i do
>         that, the gauge STILL reads full! another indication of a
>         broken wire from the unit to the gauge?

Drop the tank, remove the sender, remove the screws on the top of the
sender, I bet that little wire is broken. Especially if you reversed the
wires at the gauge, you fried it. I have had luck soldering it back
together.
To test it once repaired, hook up the green/black wire to the terminal,
hook up a good ground wire from the car to the sending unit (still out
side of the tank and held in your hand) make sure the gauge is hooked up
correctly. Gauge gets green/black wire to "T" (tank) terminal, solid
green wire to "B" (battery) terminal, turn on the key and manually work
the sending float. If it still doesn't work, it's time for a new one.

This method will work on all Spridgets up to around 1970 or so when they
changed to the sealed one piece twist in sending unit.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ