Re: Phantom grip

To: Spridget List <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Phantom grip
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:06:33 -0600
on 9/26/02 8:58 PM, Jacques Le  Clainche at jleclainche@cox.net wrote:
With one race left in the season I decided to leave my 3.9 free. And
hopefully I'll put in a Phantom Grip over the winter.

With the wife down in Santa Fe for the weekend, I had time to install the
header. I welded up up a two inch strait pipe to the back of the car.
Afterwards I did discover a small leak at the collector. I can't get to it
with the welder unless I drop the whole exhaust system again, so I'll
probably hit it with some epoxy.  I also did a little port matching on the
intake manifold and finally cut off the rear bump stops at the axle housing.
I also discovered that a MGB front brake hose is a perfect Midget rear hose.
Only had time to take the car for a one mile canyon run on street tires, but
there was a subjective increase in H.P.(although the exhaust is screaming
"arrest me" now.)
--
Jay Shaffer
shaf@zenten.com