Re: Re: Phantom grip

To: shaf@zenten.com, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Phantom grip
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:50:40 -0400
I have installed my Phantom Grip in a 3.9. It
appears to be an ingenious limited slip: two
flat plates that bear on the two spider gears
with springs in between. You have to polish the
two gears before you put the unit back in.I
believe that when you take off the two retaining
clips on the Phantom Grip it will work.
I don't know how may or what strength the springs
are. The two plates are probably hardened. I
thought the same thing as Jaques, I paid too
much. But it looks like it may work well, and it
is sure very clever.
I think that it took a lot of research and trial
and error to get right. And the instructions
were very clear and well illustrated.
Besides, I bought a Detroit Locker when I was
racing for about $200 and found it unlocked when
you were going thru a long radius, high speed
turn which was very disconcerting. i sold it and
welded up my rear ends.
I'll report to the list when I get the rear end
installed.

Roger Cotting