Re: Dashboard / Instrument Lamps

To: Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Dashboard / Instrument Lamps
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 13:22:25 -0400
Cc: Mike Weeks <mweeks16@cox.net>, James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>, Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
In our Bugeye, there's a slot around the edge of the gauges and a strip
of colored or translucent plastic that difusses the light. After thirty
years or more, the plastic gets dirty and lets less light in. The bulbs
are mounted outside the gauge and spill into the gauge throguht the
slots. Guess how much light actually gets in and how much lights up the
back of the dash and my feet. I thought about fashioning a
reflector/cover to mount behind the bulb, maybe out of alluminum foil
even, that would force more light where it needs to go.

Dave