Re: seat belts

To: BCAH@aol.com
Subject: Re: seat belts
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 05:55:52 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello BCAH,

       there are indeed different kinds. in some there is some kind of
       weight as you suspected. they won't lock up unless they "sense"
       deceleration. you can sometimes get them to lock by SNAPPING
       the belt forward, but not always. i have tested them in new
       cars and have had sometimes to be slowing down AND snapping at
       the belt to get it to lock up.

       when i put them in my sprite i looked for the "period" kind
       that have a clamp that you use to release them, rather than the
       button, but DOT seems to have barred that kind. the "retractor
       box" seems kinda "clunky" to me, so just straight belts here.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com