Re: alternator

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: alternator
Date: 14 Oct 2002 08:11:09 -0700
There are a couple of alternatives to the original Lucas ACR16
alternator, in addition to the popular Delco conversion.

The Lucas ACR series of alternators were replaced with the improved
A127, which is supposedly a direct replacement.  I haven't been able to
find a common vehicle which used this alternator.  Modern Rovers still
use them, but the pulleys are modern also...

I've also heard that the Bosch alternator from a 78-80 Ford Fiesta
(Bosch part number 13107 or 0-120-489-666) is a direct replacement for
the old Lucas unit.  This almost makes sense, since the Fiesta used the
old 1600cc Cortina engine.  This one is sometimes available at local
auto parts stores.

I think the alternator in my Bugeye is one of these two units, but I
haven't been able to find any markings on it...

-Hans
'58 Bugeye, San Francisco