Tranny near conclusion, and engine question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tranny near conclusion, and engine question
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:06:05 -0400
Thanks to everyone who responded to my request looking for a tranny a week or
so ago. While mulling over the offers, I came across a freshly rebuilt unit
with warranty for a good price, so I decided to go with it. Hopefully it will
be here this week. If it and all the associated parts come this week I'll try
to swap it in next weekend, though that's probably not going to happen.

I would love to get a chance to take it for a spin on the Blue Ridge Parkway
when the leaves are nice. Get someone to watch the kids, load up the picnic
basket, strap it on the rack, and head to Mabry Mill on the parkway.

I also have a quick engine question. While the engine's out for the tranny swap
I'm going to replace the oil pan gaskets, timing cover gasket, and front seal.
The front seal especially leaks like a sieve. Anyway I ordered all the seals
and gaskets, but didn't order a speedi-sleeve since I don't know right now if I
need one, though I wouldn't be surprised. Can anyone tell me the mfg part
number (or Napa number) that I ask for if I find I need one quick? I know they
probably won't have it in stock if I do, but at least I would know what to ask
for.

Thanks!

Eddie