Re: Valve stems

To: "Jay Shaffer" <shaf@zenten.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve stems
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:25:20 -0700
Jay,

If the aluminum wheels are "old enough" to have been for tube tires, you may
not find ready made valve stems to fit.  I have 4 American Racing
"Silverstone" wheels from the early 60's for which I have tried to jury rig
some metal stems.  One size of rubber stems "sorta" fit, but had the
unpleasant habit of pushing partway out resulting in a flat tire.   We
finally figured out that the wheels were originally intended for tubes.  (I
have other AR Silverstones which are drilled just fine for metal stems).

Myles Winbigler
Mad Mollusk Racing