Re: Rear main bearing seal kit

To: "Tim L. Creger" <timlc@agr.state.ne.us>
Subject: Re: Rear main bearing seal kit
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:16:42 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Tim,

I used Paul's kit and found itto do the job cheaply and effectively.  Others
may reel in disbelief, but I haven't had a single drop of oil from the rear
seal since I used his kit.  When you see how the kit is used you will see
that it re-establishes the extremely close tolerance that is needed for the
scroll seal to do its job.

Perhaps the most important thing is to be sure that you have dealt with any
crankcase backpressure issues you may have.  There is no seal that will
prevent leakage if you have a problem with excessive backpressure (worn
rings, bore-flex, itc)

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye