Re: Rear main bearing seal kit

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear main bearing seal kit
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:53:13 -0700 (PDT)
RE: "Paul A. Asgeirsson"
<Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> Paul A here.  How can I help you?

Aha. The real deal.

I may be tackling the task sometime this winter, since
my 1275 leaks like a sieve. About a pint per one hour
drive, in a puddle about the size of a small saucer
and drips from everything rear of the engine.

Is it a task that can be done with simple hand tools?
Engine in car or out? Kit Cost?

I am sure others on the list would like to know.
Unless of course they all already do, so it would not
be considered spam or excessively commercial would it?

 Anyway, onlist or offlist. Maybe if you have a
catalogue, parts list or instruction sheet for me to
look at to see if it is the kind of thing I can
tackle.

Of course my mastercylinder still leaks, but I haven't
finished that yet. And I did manage to install the
spin on oil filter adapter kit and it only still has
one *small* leak. But that is more likely due to the
fact that the package of parts that Mo$$ sent did not
all go with each other, and I had to Dremel them out
to fit, and I need to put in a new copper gasket
thingamajig under the banjo bolt.

Anyway, anyone else on the list like to rate the
difficulty of installing such a kit?

All (reasonable) suggestions appreciated, bill b.