Re: melted

To: "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>, "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: melted
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:34:39 -0500
Robert,
         I'm replying to this original post. I know you've repaired the
failed connector, and all is good...... but is it?
         You say you had your foot on the clutch pedal. Significantly there
is another ground strap that connects from the slave cylinder to the
chassis. If the mounting bolt for the slave that also attaches the cable is
loose, then when stepping on the pedal you may loose ground. The car will
seek ground elsewhere, such as throttle cable (BTDT... full on. Scary),
clutch pipes (boiling fluid), and other places.
         Advise you check those slave bolts.
         Best to Miss Marple.
         Peter C
==