Re: the only spridget on Maui??

To: "Steven Michelsen" <stevenm@optonline.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: the only spridget on Maui??
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 20:22:51 -0400
I lived on Maui 10 years and bought my Midget there.  Was a lot of fun on
those roads.  When I bought mine, I looked at 3 or 4 that were in the paper
at the same time. I kept the car in Kula, which is much dryer than Hana.
The owner is not necessarily an optimist.  If the rust gets ahead of him, it
just becomes a "Maui cruiser".  I owned a '79 Toyota Landcruiser when I
lived in the Haiku area, just off the Hana highway..... I fought the rust
for awhile, but it finally won.  I grew up in the desert and didn't know
what rust was until I moved to Hawaii.  In the Philppines, they solve that
problem with stainless steel or aluminum.  I now live near Washington DC and
find the rust challenge only slightly better than rainforest.