more.....Re: [midgetsprite] It's aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!!!!!! ;-)

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Charles R Irvin <cirvin1258@juno.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: more.....Re: [midgetsprite] It's aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!!!!!! ;-)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 13:56:23 -0800 (PST)
ok, just got back from zipping around the neighborhood. it
gets around, but is in dire need of correct tuning. problem
is the dist keeps popping outa the clamp as it's all
buggered up from someone overclamping and cracking the part
on the dist. base where you clamp.  ;-( time to try jb-weld
or similar...and machine it down....or find a spare
dist......and I'm sure I still need to work on the carb
adjustments too.....

the valve-cover gasket is leaking purty bad, so will have
to deal with that...\
the heater valve on the rear of the head is leaking
water(didn't ahve coolant in the garage)so will take it off
and re-pack and see if that helps...gota get packing...who
had the comment on plumbers packing?  ;-)

even with disc brakes, they don't stop as well as I'd
expect. not spongy, just not what I am used to....even from
the land-rover's drums! so may tear into them to see.

Basicly everything is a little work, but it drives, and is
fun! not ready to get anywhere near the highway that's for
shure!

Driving on the right is no biggie, until you make a turn!
;-0 gotta take a while to get used to again.

Paul (got that smile back!)