Re: more.....Re: [midgetsprite] It's aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!!!!!! ;-)

To: Paul Archibald <androbus@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: more.....Re: [midgetsprite] It's aliiiiiiiiiiiiive!!!!!! ;-)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 19:45:58 -0500
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Charles R Irvin <cirvin1258@juno.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Paul Archibald wrote:

> problem is the dist keeps popping outa the clamp

Try a wrap of electric tape around the base of the dizzy.
Or remove the clamp and beat it back into shape with a hammer.

> the heater valve on the rear of the head is leaking
> water(didn't ahve coolant in the garage)so will take it off
> and re-pack and see if that helps...gota get packing...who
> had the comment on plumbers packing?  ;-)

A garden hose washer on the bottom of the brass valve/alum plate
and an "O" ring inside the stem, any hardware store will have the O
ring.

> even with disc brakes, they don't stop as well as I'd expect.

Rusty rotors may need 50 miles or so to clean them up. It will stop
better after a few miles.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ