Re: Vacumn Advance Line Mk1 Midget

To: "Neil Cotty" <ncotty@globalfreightsolutions.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vacumn Advance Line Mk1 Midget
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:26:55 -0800
Neil,

The reservoir you mention is a spark arrester and I don't believe these
were present on early Midgets. I know Bugeyes did not have them, and the
original GAN1 I had didn't either. The opriginal would have been a plain
line, flared for a nut at the distributor end, and a short hose connection
at the carb. I have seen spark arresters on Morris Minors and some others
though.

I think you are right about the routing, but it seems I've seen it routed
around the front of the valve cover also. Probably depends on where your
vacuum attachment is on the carbs.

Gerard