Re: Looking for an Engine

To: "Moomaw, Mike" <Mike.Moomaw@usi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Looking for an Engine
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:24:19 -0800
If you're going to race, you want one.  For even fast streeting, I don't
think so.  I've owned 3, currently have two (vintage 1967 and 1972).  Both
are 948s.  Neither one would be at all tractable on the street (unless you
can keep the revs above 3500 at all times.  One requires hand choking with
raw gas or ether to start it with its original on-off modified SUs.

However, they will build anything you like.  Just specify what you want it
for.  You probably won't find a better assembled engine anywhere.

Myles