RE: so....how fast does bare metal rust! ;-(

To: "Paul Archibald" <androbus@yahoo.com>, "Midget/Sprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id gA8Fm6Ub028277
Subject: RE: so....how fast does bare metal rust! ;-(
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 07:45:17 -0800
Paul,

You've seen Herbytoy, even phosphoric acid won't keep it from rusting.
It will help for the short term though. That's why I'm working hard to
finish my rotisserie so I can get the car in the garage.

You can get it at Home Defect or OSH as Metal Prep or Metal Etch. If you
want to "borrow" some you can stop by my place on your way down tonight
(as long as it's not too late). Gerard had suggestion for longer term
rust protection, WD-40. Spray it on after removing the rust with the
acid. Nothing will stop rust but these will slow it down a bit.

Herby
64 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
billh@aaai.com
www.herbytoys.com

 Than I need to find a way to protect it 'til I can spray a
coat of primer and paint....using rust converter or??????
unlred someone wants to lend a garage to em to
finish(kidding..sorta..) ;-)

Paul