Re: Tilt front end, 69 sprite

To: "bill b." <w_burrell@yahoo.com>, spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tilt front end, 69 sprite
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 10:43:56 -0800
Bill -

I used small brass cabinet hinges with #8 sheet metal screws into the
bonnet and #10 machine screws into floating nut plates on the front edge of
the upper air duct (where the mounting screws for the grille are).  It
sounds flimsy, but the hood is quite stiff across the front end, and the
self-aligning feature of the floating nut plates makes it easy.  I use
NASCAR-type pin locks at the scuttle end for hold-downs.  This has been
working for a couple of years and I'm very satisfied.

Clay L.
'67 Sprite
On the road again