Garage Going Up

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Garage Going Up
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 14:50:29 -0500
My dream garage is going up! Since I don't have
the good fortune to have a group as willing and
able as the OSHIT group near me, I've had to pay
some ironworkers that I know to put up my
garage. 5 of them showed up at 7:30 AM on
Saturday to star putting up my garage (30 x 60 x
12)steel building using 2x8"s as purlins and
2x6's as girts. By the time they left at 5:30 PM
Sunday the frame was all up, trued, plumbed, and
X braced. What a job they did ! I used Ironhead
as a topless parts chaser all day Sunday and I
got the "what the hell is he doing in a
convertible that small in this weather" looks
(temp was high of 42).
A large group of Krispy Kreme's, bagels, coffee,
pop, and beer at the end of the day kept the
crew going.
Two more ironworkers began siding it on Monday.
They have three sides done and 1/2 the roof.
they should finish on Wednesday.
I rented a trencher and ran two trenches 350 feet
 from the house to the garage ( 2" conduit for
electricity and 1"conduit for cable and phone in
one and 1" gas line in the other). I am a
retired guy and that is hard work!
An electrician friend and I are doing the
electrical tomorrow.
I've taken both Yellow Beauty and Ironhead down
to see their new home and they both were smiling.
Will have pictures soon.
Roger