Re: Bugeye Heater control

To: bugeyeguy@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye Heater control
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 19:06:27 EST
In a message dated 11/12/02 2:24:48 PM, bugeyeguy@yahoo.com writes:

<< can someone with an operable heater control switch
please tell me if the switch is supposed to allow the
fan to operate once the heater control is pulled? Mine
operates the fan when pushed in but not when it's
pulled out.. >>

No.  Although it says H it does not control heat.  The switch is turned
clockwise to switch on the fan, counterclockwise for off.  Pulling it closes
a valve to keep fumes out of the cockpit of the car, so you can't use the fan
while it's pulled out.  So your switch is working perfectly.  The hot water
heat control is under the bonnet at the rear of the cylinder head.  I swear
all this to be true on my Driver's handbook.

Annice
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"