Changing D.S. Motor Mount

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Changing D.S. Motor Mount
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:37:46 -0800 (PST)
I need to change Bugsy's D.S. Motor Mount. As I
cogitate and scratch my head, it looks like the only
way to get at the D.S. easily is to:

Drain Radiator
Disconnect Radiator Hoses on D.S.
Unbolt Steering Shaft and slide up and out of the way
Now I can access the D.S. Motor Mount Bolts, remove
bolts , remove P.S. Bolts.
Place large piece of wood under oil pan and lift
engine slowly.
Replace mount and do procedure in reverse.

Am I missing something. Wanted to do this without
draining radiator and getting coolant all over the
floor but that looks like the only way to get in
there. Besides I need to add gear oil to steering
rack, forgot to do that when I replaced rack so it
looks like I probably should pull the radiator to get
best access to D.S. Motor Mount.

Steering shaft can unbolt and slide upwards. Isn't
there supposed to be some sort of bolt to pin the
shaft in place so it can't slip off the pinnion gear
and slide upward. Yes I will replace the bolt, use a
new metal lock nut, not a nylock but I get nervous
thinking about vibration working that conenction loose
and the steering shaft not being pinned so it cannot
move upwards and off of the pinion gear.

Thanks in advance for the help and advice.

=====
Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH