Safe heating out001.verizon.net from [151.201.239.51] at Wed, 20 Nov 200

To: Spridget ML <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Safe heating out001.verizon.net from [151.201.239.51] at Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:39:59 -0600
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:40:03 -0500
Another thought. I believe the accepted standard is 18" off the floor
and open flame is OK. You may want to check local ordinances to be sure.
I had my kero torpedo hanging on chains 12" from the rafters. Took the
wheels and legs and handles off.and mounted the fuel tank on a shelf on
the wall so the fuel line would still reach.  I ran a circuit through an
electrical baseboard heater 110 volt wall thermostat to an outlet so it
controled the outlet and in turn, the heater. Worked great. Since I got
the propane furnace free from my father-in-law's garage, that's what I
used. Mobile homes are a good source of propane or oil furnaces too.
Some get damaged in transit or storms and if they get totaled, you might
get one from a mobile home dealer that way. Those are rated for mounting
on wood floors and close to walls! The local gas supplier provided the
150 gallon tank, installed, tested for leaks and comes to fill it when I
call. As long as I use 60 gallons a year there's no charge for the tank.
If I were to buy, I think I'd look at the ceiling mount heaters that
have the orange glowing elements. They seem to radiate the heat well and
wouldn't loose any out the chimney. Most tire stores and wherehouses
around here use them.

Dave & Bobbie