RE: Smog test

To: "Jacques Le Clainche" <jleclainche@cox.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gAMNK5DW023261
Subject: RE: Smog test
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:14:54 -0800
>>I find the DMV web site somewhat confusing... If I buy a pre-1974 car,
it is
exempt from the biennal smog test - but is it also exempt from the smog
test
required at ever change of ownership?<<

Based on my experience, yes. I bought my 62 Sprite last year (from out
of state even) and was not required to smog it. Now whether 1962 is
below some other "cutoff" year I don't know. I know years ago a friend
of mine bought a 1959 F-100 and was required to smog it before transfer.

Herby
64 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
billh@aaai.com
www.herbytoys.com