Re: Speaking of Nuts, de-smogging

To: "bill b." <w_burrell@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Speaking of Nuts, de-smogging
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 21:47:11 -0500
Cc: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
"bill b." wrote:

> I think I will need to get a 7/16X20 thread chaser and
> clean up the holes.

They are definately 7/16 fine (I presume 7/16 x 20)
they are NOT metric!! Nothing on any Spridget is, was, or will ever be
metric! (unless the DPO used metric hardware like he did on the 69 I am
working on. But nothing original was ever metric.
There are some Whitworth bolts, nuts, and screws on the fuel system.
Carb float/dashpot screws I think are whitworth thread, I never found
anything that worked on them. Fuel tank plug and pipe from the tank are
whitworth too.

On the head plugs, they are probably carboned up. squirt some carb
cleaner in the holes, run a new bolt in and out a few times, maybe get 5
of em and use one as a chaser.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ