home from the turkey bowl (still alive!)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: home from the turkey bowl (still alive!)
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 23:18:27 -0500
it was quite an experience.   my father's old 1960's H-modified sports racer
was cantankerous as could be not handling at speed at all.....untill sunday!
a lap here and two there i was trying a bunch of modifications.   finally
sunday i reduced tire pressures to 13lbs front and 14lbs rear and it started
to handle and become manageable at speed.  so i completed my first green
flag to checkered flag practice session and am all smiles about this!  this
has been a long wait for this experience.   and loosing 181lbs has been very
importaint in this coming to pass!  (got around 60 to go yet)  the sports
racer needs new tires and some more fine tuning wich will come as i get more
track time in it .    for now i'm elated to have driven this car at speed on
a race course in traffic and did not become a serious hazard to my fellow
competitors(that means a lot to anyone who has strapped on a strange race
car for one of it's very first outings!) .
i also ran my old 1960 saab sedan as well as shared it with my team mate for
some valuable seat time.   the orange spridget #25 was incredibly fast and i
was impressed with his agility and closing speeds.
glad to be home and this experience must sustain my enthusiasm for the long
cold northeast winter.
next stop is sebring's 12 hour weekend running the vintage support races
there.  master van kirk, you coming out to play with us at this next event?
if so anything you might need in the way of help is at your service!  :)

chuck.
formerly the world's largest sprite driver.