Re: home from the turkey bowl (still alive!)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: home from the turkey bowl (still alive!)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 19:21:50 -0800 (PST)
--- HealeyRic2@aol.com wrote:

> Wasn't it Colin Chapman who advised to go faster,
> "add lightness"?  Don't
> know if he ever thought of going after the driver,
> instead of the car.  >

   He must have given it some thought when you look at
Jimmy Clark who was about 5'4' or so and look at how
thin Graham Hill and Moss were at that time.  If you
look at the drivers today you would think that the
same practice is still being carried out with F1.   I
believe I read in a book about him that one time he
even had the mechanics remove all the lock washers on
the cars to reduce weight.  Yeah, he thought about it......