RE: GSA Auctions (Cars but no LBC)

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GSA Auctions (Cars but no LBC)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:32:26 -0800 (PST)
--- Bill Hunt <Billh@aaai.com> wrote:
> <<Don't think it is a Ford problem only, I've already
> seen them
>  do the same thing next door at our Chevy dealership to
> two
> Trailblazers, a
>  Tahoe, and several Silverados...>>
>
> Don't the people that buy these things realize they're
> not built for
> 4-wheeling ;) They're just for taking the kids to soccer
> practice, etc.
> That front drive axle is just for "show".

Yeah! if you want a real of-roader ya use a spridget!  ;-)

or as I do, one of my land-rovers....of course things still
do break, but no frame yet....(just bend when crunched
between a car and a wall!)

Still think it'd be kinda fun to make a spridget an
off-roader(would have to build a custom tubular frame, as
the land-rover series one 80" frame has the right
wheel-base, but it'd be a funny looking thing as the body
would be so high on the frame...would be a fun project!)

Paul
'63 midget (as yet still un-named...)
'66 land-Rover 88" pick-up "Elgie"
'95 Land Rover Discovery "the Light Brigade"
spare Land-rove frame...... uh oh!  ;-0  nah! not for now..