Re: Sprite Spree

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Sprite Spree
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:56:52 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, sprite mod list <spridgets-mod@autox.team.net>, Sprite Spree Committee <sprite2003@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
The total sounds steep and reasonable all at the same time. I know some
folks travel a great distance and will make it the event of the year for
the family vacation. For those of us that spend a week at the beach or
some other resort or vacation but are close enough to Carlisle to be
there in a few hours, it becomes a play it by ear thing. The family
vacation without any cars, work, phones etc. just RELAX, (for someone
that works in retail [my wife]), it is too important to give up (I have
to miss the AHCA national in D.C. that week). We go to about 6 or 7 car
related weekend events per summer and as much as we want to be a part of
the Spree, there's only a limited number of vacation days available and
of course funds to consider. I think registration of $75 is fine even
if  I'm there only 1 or 2 days. ( my support of the event by registering
helps everyone have the guests or shirts or whatever and I can choose
how much of it I want to be a part of). It is easy for my wife to be
scheduled for her 2 regular days off during the week and then work the
week end.  $79 a night is fine I can adjust the number of  nights as
needed. The main event is the cars and driving and showing them. I look
forward to the Spree events AND having a big turnout at the fairgrounds
to show how strong the Spridget following is to the rest of the world.
Some people (like us) may only be able to, or want to come for the show
and Import Fest, couldn't we have our show Thursday or at the
fairgrounds Friday? It seems redundant to have a show at the motel in
the middle of the week if we all plan to attend a bigger show Friday or
Saturday where a greater number of people would admire our cars. Won't
we get a tent and have space for parking and be able to have lunch
together and give out prizes later on in the day? For us, we could
attend two days of the Spree and only need one night lodging and I can
go home and drive back down for Import Fest Friday or Saturday by
myself  if I want to. Guess I'm not much of a banquet and pub kinda guy,
so I'd probably pass on most of those things.

Thanks for listening and more importantly, thanks to all those involved
in working hard for this whole thing to be a success. (I'll pitch in on
the days I'm there to help where I can)

Dave & Bobbie
1960 AH3000 "Healey Bits"
1960 Bugeye "Little Bits" (See link below)
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm
Hershey AACA Fall Meet 2002 (See link below)
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/hershey.htm