Re: [LBC only] heater duct

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [LBC only] heater duct
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 14:11:29 EST
In a message dated 12/14/02 7:25:57 AM, altman_d_s@hotmail.com writes:

<< I just received it in the mail a few days ago and it looks accurate, but I
have not yet tried to install it.  J. C. Whitney, 4" fresh air duct hose,
catalogue number 19UV0354P.  $12.99 plus shipping of about $10.00.  You can
order it from their web site, www.jcwhitney.com.  I put this on the forum
for others who might be interested. >>

You shouldn't have any problem installing it; however Whitney does change
part numbers, seemingly without reason, so the part number may not be any
good 6 months from now--at least we found that to be true when we were
working on our car five years ago.  If you know what you want the hose to
look like or your don't really care about originality, your local appliance
supply store can sell you 4" dryer duct in 4'  or other lengths.  The stuff I
am referring to is similar to the original, but not quite the same pattern of
ribbing--not the corrugated metal stuff.  This is probably even cheaper and
saves shipping costs.

Whitney is also a great source for windlace and weatherstripping, and you may
get something pretty close to a perfect match.  However you may have to buy
twice as much as you need, and that's how you meet other listers.

If you are planning a 1000 point car, or even a concours car, I'm not sure
anything except an exact match will work.  Depends entirely on the judges.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"