LBC motor swap

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: LBC motor swap
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 15:13:16 EST
I'm thinking about turning kep the sheepdog (a stripped shell right now with
body work issues but super solid) into a track-only autocross car with every
accent on performance and none on looks.  So......  what's the current
thinking among non-purists about motor & tranny swaps from something lighter,
high revving, cheap and reliable?  I thought maybe about the drivetrain from
an older rear drive corolla or celica, any thoughts?  cutting, hood bulges,
etc would be no problem.  Also do any other cars have the same bolt pattern,
some wider wheels might be nice.  PS take this as a last call for kep's
shell, once the autox project starts there will be no turning back, if
someone wants it now is the time!

Thanks,

Mark M.