Re: 1275 transmission boot

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1275 transmission boot
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 06:44:57 -0800
I tried the metal can with the stock rubber gaitor, popped off in first.
I've now got the same set-up as John Carey, a leather witch's hat pulled
tight over the top of the stock metal can.  I had Paul offset-weld the
shifter (Datsun bottom/sprite top)to make for the best possible alignment
with the hole in the can but the gaitor still had a habit of popping off now
and then.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye