Teflon tape and brake fluid

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, midgetsprite group <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Teflon tape and brake fluid
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 07:52:46 -0800 (PST)
Getting it all together and ready to re-install.
Finally opted for removing the shuttle from the
PDWADAWAD thing because there was no way I could keep
it centered, and without a warning light I would never
know where the darn thing was situated. Plugged it
with an allen head set screw, 3/8 fine, I believe. May
put the shuttle back when I run out of things to buy
and buy a shuttle kit and switch. In the mean time
will have to just drive carefully, check fluid levels
and watch for drips (yah, right, like they could be
identified amongst all of the other drips.) Things I
should always do anyway.
In the meantime, I am concerned about reassembly with
Teflon tape on the brake line fittings. I like the way
the tape facilitates assembly and disassembly, but
wonder if brake fluid will eat it up. Anyone have any
experience with that?
thanks in advance, bill b. '69 Sprite