Re: Non LBC - Changing the Oil

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non LBC - Changing the Oil
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 18:15:33 EST
In a message dated 12/19/02 5:19:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Ankitterer@aol.com writes:

> but there were a couple of things that they always tried to tack onto the
> job
> whether "the little lady's car" needed them or not

Hey drive in with a Volvo Turbo wagon and they tell you that you need
"special turbo oil"

Another time I was told that the oil (3,333 miles old, I do it this way so I
don't have to count by 3s) was very dirty. Engine needed the special flush
out. 75 bucks or something like that.

The oil change part of it, is a good deal, but that is all about getting to
sell you something else.

David Oliner