Re: Non LBC - Changing the Oil

Subject: Re: Non LBC - Changing the Oil
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:51:39 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I did a full maintainance routine once my car hit 80,000 miles (95 Mustang).
I had decided that I was going to keep it till I destroyed it.
Spent the day on hoses,belts, sparkplugs, oil change, tranny fluid,wipers,
shocks
and struts, complete brake job (dealership did this one), detailed the whole
car,
rotated tires...everything!
Next oil change time (3000) it was taken by my girlfriend to the local
Qwik-change (or whatever) because she wanted lunch at the restaurant next door.
When she got back they told her that the air filter was dirty and not stock and
would void the warrenty! This was a 3000 mile factory filter. Also they offered
to replace the worn out fan belt and that it would need hoses soon. She asked if
they were sure...They insisted.
She had them write down the suggested work while she called me. Of course I was
there in a flash. Caught in their own lies I blackmailed them out of a free oil
change.
Bruce (TX)