click adjust revisited

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: click adjust revisited
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 07:24:30 -0800
Hello spridgets

      i had asked earlier as to the NUT size on the tappet adjustment.
      7/16 seems to be the consensus.

      my question now becomes is this a 1/4-28 bolt? .. if so i have
      done the math for how many "clicks" to achieve a certain
      clearance. this (in my case .018 HOT) means that 14 clicks will give
      me .0173, or 15 clicks will give me .0186. most advice that i
      have received indicates that tighter is better than looser, ergo
      14 clicks should be it?... if this is NOT a 28 thread bolt,
      someone PLEASE tell me what it is?

--
Best regards,
 Bill                          mailto:pythias@pacifier.com